We are looking for a Depot Team Leader for our Thetford client who are responsible for delivering to customers, installing domestic electrical goods, and repairing these items in customer’s homes and the workshop.The depot also refurbishes electrical appliances to supply to their rental business.
The successful candidate will become an integral part of the team and help to continue in creating a great workplace culture. An ideal candidate would be capable of managing and motivating a team, planning and delegating tasks, and communicating with at all levels of our business.
As part of the management team you’ll be directly managing around 20 staff, in a team of 65, helping to embed staff wellbeing as a priority.
• You‘ll ensure that the team are well informed, by ensuring they’re regularly communicated with
• You’ll develop the teams skills and knowledge, by identifying training needs
• You’ll give the best customer experience we can offer, by understanding how we can improve our services
• You’ll solve problems and manage your resources, by frequently communicating with every aspect of the business
• You’ll help and support the management team to prioritise staff wellbeing alongside achieving tasks
• You’ll provide a supportive environment with constructive relationships
• You’ll will support the staff, by helping them be the best they can be!
Key responsibilities are likely to include supporting, managing and developing team members, managing projects, planning and monitoring workloads and resources, delivering operational plans, resolving problems, and building relationships internally and externally. There are plenty of technical staff on hand to assist, and you have the support of a management team with over 50 years’ collective experience.
The depot is about to undergo a complete refurbishment, offering a great platform from which to develop and cultivate a large department
Training will be given on internal procedures, processes and systems and there are opportunities to develop and expand knowledge within the role. The position is 40 hours per week. Operating hours are Monday to Saturday with some Sunday working.
In return you will be offered;
• The opportunity to progress within a large family business
• A comprehensive induction, and full training, so experience is not always necessary
• A flexible holiday allowance based on 6.6 times your contracted hours
• Full company uniform supplied, and the equipment you need to do your job
• Company Pension
• Employee discount
• Life insurance
• Wellness programmes